Cooking for Dummies: ♥ Vegan (oil free) Banana Bread ♥

3:25 PM

I still didn't write an update about what I'm recently doing, but I guess I'll spoiler that I'm at my parents place right now in Italy for a little bit.. hence why, I thought to make a recipe post (not done in sooooo long) because it's so easy to cook in my home's kitchen. I don't know about your parents, but mine are collectors when it's about kitchen stuff: there is literally everything you need to cook whatever pops up in your head! haha




I wanted to make a proper banana bread since a long time, but never really had the chance for it. I started going around the magic Internet searching for a easy, not too heavy and delicious banana bread recipe. 
The results were many, and I tried to mix my researches arriving at this recipe: without using ANY oil, vegan and super-quick!


So let's start with the ingredients:

- 300g of oats
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar (or you could use dates, syrups of your choice) 
- 150 ml dairy free milk (I used soy milk)
- 3  medium/big ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- cinnamon and chocolate chips (if and how much of it you want)


We start with magic, transforming the oats in what we will call our "flour", simply blending them in a food processor. Then, set them by side.


In a large bowl, mash with a fork your bananas! I prefer to mash them this way instead of using the mixer, because I love to have some small bites of banana in it, but if you want a smoother version, then just go with the mixer. 
To the mashed banana, we'll add in the milk, the baking powder, the sugar, the chocolate chips and cinnamon.



When the "wet" mixture of the banana is ready and well blended, simply pour in the oat-flour continuing whisking... et voilà!


Choose a baking tray that looks like a plumcake/bread tray, I used parchment paper because it's easier to remove it from it in the end. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, for 1 hour (depending on your oven, after 50 mins start checking the bread and using the good old way of the toothpick, to see if the inside is still too wet).



I can assure you, the smell will be heavenly and you can eat without regrets because it's oil free and also gluten free :) It actually reminds me of a brownie consistency when it's still warm and the chocolate is melty! Of course, let me know if you do this and if you enjoyed it.

Hope you're having a beautiful and sweet day!!


With love,


Polly













You Might Also Like

0 commenti